This page is the place to find links to other websites, organisations, gadgets and offer any hints or tips that may help make life a little easier. If you come across something you think would be useful for other blind or sight impaired people please let us know and we can add it to this page.
- Henshaws – This website is a really informative website with a Knowledge Village that includes a wealth of helpful information and hints and tips. Click here: Visit Henshaws
- RNIB – Visit RNIB This is the website for the Royal National Institute of Blind People, on this site you can see their shop which stocks a vast range of products. Before you order please give us a call at the office on 01507 605604 to check we don’t already have the items in stock.
- Macular Society – Visit Macular Society This website has lots of information and an online shop.
- Retina UK – Visit Retina UK This charity supports people with inherited sight loss and has lots of information about different eye conditions specifically those that effect the retina.
- Esme’s Umbrella – Visit Esme’s Umbrella Esme’s Umbrella offers a safe shelter for anyone living with Charles Bonnet Syndrome, an eye condition that causes visual hallucinations. This website offers advice and downloadable letters to take to your GP.
- Diabetes UK – Visit Diabetes UK Diabetes can affect your eyes in many ways. Some people go on to develop an eye complication called diabetic retinopathy. This website has information about the complications caused by Diabetes and help on offer.
- Glaucoma UK – Visit Glaucoma UK there to provide help, information and support to anyone living with glaucoma.
- Blind Veterans – Visit Blind Veterans Rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support for blind veterans
- See Ability – Visit See Ability See Ability specialise in supporting people who have learning disabilities or autism, who may also have sight loss.
These are small devices which allow you to voice control gadgets which are compatible with Alexa around your home, such as your heating or TV. It can also play radio stations and music at your command, or set an alarm or reminder, make shopping lists or tell you a joke. You can even have a chat! The Henshaws page have a link to Alexa Commands Simple “Alexa” commands – Henshaws If you would like an Alexa please speak to your Sight Impairment Officer or call the office on 01507 605604. We can also get one of our Tech team to help you set up the Alexa in your home!